How To Wear Embellishments This Holiday Season
The holidays are upon us and the excitement and glamour of the season can be overwhelming when it comes to dressing to impress. We all love the glitz and glow of sequins and crystals. The shimmer and shine can add a touch of fun to any ensemble and making sure you don’t over do it can be a challenge.
The key to being the sparkle in everyone’s eye and owning the room is to never overdo it with the embellishments. Simplicity is the key to fashion, never allow the clothes to wear you.
Drenching ourselves in everything fun and glitzy has been the downfall over everyone at some point. It’s the holidays and we wait all year for the chance to have fun and glow like the brightest ornaments on the tree, however unless you are one of Dr. Seuss’ Whoville residents, we must reign it in a bit.
With a bit of planning, and a bit of restraint you can walk into any event not only shining like the star atop the tree, but as the true style star you are inside. The CG Girl has put together a few simple style tips to help you along the way.
- Higher necklines will help keep an all-over glitzy dress from being tacky. Finish your ensemble with simple, understated and solid colored accessories.
- Use a simple glittery jacket to add an edgy look to your elegant black look.
- Use sparkles and shimmer to direct the eye where you would like it to land. A great belt or bustier can accentuate your curves or a great pair of strappy, embellished shoes can draw the eye to a beautiful pedicure.
- Patent leather is the unsung hero of your wardrobe. Always beautiful, elegant and can be classy or edgy depending on your accessories.
- Accessorize! Sometimes the beauty of a simple black dress and a gorgeous embellished shoe or bag is just what you need to make a grand entrance.
- Allover sequins scream for mattes and nudes to made them sexy without having to show too much skin.
Lastly, remember that you my darling are a shining light and the love you hold inside is what makes you truly beautiful. Let that sparkle be the most important accessory you carry with you this holiday season.
In the immortal words of the always elegant Coco Chanel
“Before you leave the house, look in the mirror and take one thing off.”
― Coco Chanel
Sending you love and happiness this holiday season,
The CF Girl ~xoxoxo